Kinbrace is a community-based organization that provides refugees with housing and support. They’ve recently updated their guide, Refugee Hearing Preparation: A Guide for Refugee Claimants. This resource is now available in 4 languages: English, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified) and Arabic.
“I went through the Guide again and again before my refugee hearing. The step-by-step instructions, timeline, and recommendations were so useful for me. It’s friendly and relieved my stress.”
– Ioann, Convention Refugee in Canada
The guide can be used to:
- learn key refugee legal issues
- track your refugee claim on the right timeline
- learn strategies to help prepare for your refugee hearing
- complete the hearing preparation checklist
- get answers to frequently asked questions
- find legal and community resources in Metro Vancouver
The guide, updated in 2014, now includes more detail. Fran from Kinbrace describes it as “…interactive. Claimants can track the fast paced timelines that are in place under the new refugee claim process with their own due dates, take note of the evidence that they have on each issue and use the checklists for submitting the refugee application form and for submitting evidence to the Immigration and Refugee Board.”
This guide and other resources for refugees in BC can be found through the Clicklaw website.