by Emma Wilson
Peter A. Allard School of Law J.D. Candidate
LSLAP is re-opening its summer program as of today. We have begun booking clients for appointments at our clinics in Surrey, Richmond, Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Burnaby, North Vancouver and New Westminster. See our service listing on the Clicklaw HelpMap for clinic locations, hours, language support availability, and contact information (This listing will be updated in the coming weeks).
LSLAP provides free legal advice and representation (where appropriate) to low-income earning members of the public living in the lower mainland.
We are happy to take on cases for people dealing with issues including but not limited to:
- Employment Insurance claims
- Tenant-side Residential Tenancy issues
- Human Rights Tribunal proceedings
- Immigration Review Board
- Employment Law (ESB and small claims court)
- Workers Compensation Board
- Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Pension claims
- Summary proceedings in criminal court
For a list of the kind of services we can provide, as well as the areas of law in which we cannot assist, please refer to our previous blog post or our website. To book a clinic with LSLAP, please call our switchboard at 604-822-5791.