The new Societies Act is in force today. It replaces the old Society Act.
Resources for you:
- Recorded webinars (Part 1 & Part 2) on the Societies Act Transition, by Martha Rans, Lawyer with Law for Non Profits, hosted by Courthouse Libraries BC.
- Sign up for information on LFNP Transition hubs here.
- Preparing for B.C.’s New Societies Act: A Guide to the Transition Process, from BC Registry Services
- Transitioning an Existing Society: A How-to Guide for Non-profits in BC, from People’s Law School
- Legislative Guide: The Societies Act, from Courthouse Libraries BC
- The British Columbia Societies Act, from Volunteer Victoria
- Societies Act FAQs, from Law for Nonprofits and Clicklaw Wikibooks