- July 7 – 27 (various dates): MOSAIC presents various workshops in Burnaby, Vancouver, and Surrey.
- Saturday, July 7 (4:00 – 6:00 pm) Moving Ahead: Basic Law Knowledge of Canada (Tigrinya) – MOSAIC Highgate, Burnaby.
- Friday, July 13 (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) Citizenship Preparation (English with Mandarin support) – MOSAIC Boundary, Vancouver.
- Saturday, July 14 (4:00 – 6:00 pm) Moving Ahead: Citizenship Rights and Responsibilities (Tigrinya) – MOSAIC Highgate, Burnaby.
- Monday & Tuesday, July 16 – 17 (5:30 – 8:30 pm) Citizenship Preparation (English with Mandarin support) – Tommy Douglas Library, Burnaby.
- Thursday & Friday, July 26 – 27 (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) Canadian Citizenship Test Preparation – MOSAIC Surrey.
- July 10 – 24 (various dates): Courthouse Libraries BC hosts free webinars for lawyers, legal advocates, and service providers.
- Tuesday, July 10 (12:30 – 1:30 pm) FOI 101: Information and Who Controls It – for newcomers to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests, presented by BC Freedom of Information and Privacy Association (FIPA). Register online here.
- Tuesday, July 24 (12:30 – 1:30 pm) Human Rights 101 for Advocates and Service Providers, presented by the Community Legal Assistance Society (CLAS). Register online here.
- July 10 & 24: Amici Curiae Friendship Society and Atira Women’s Resource Society present a free 2-part seminar on Indigenous Women’s Rights On and Off Reserve at the Justice Education Centre – Room 260, 800 Hornby St., Vancouver. Webinar access is available.
- Friday, July 13 (2:00 – 3:00 pm): Disability Alliance BC presents a free workshop on Registered Disability Savings Plan at RBC Cambie & Broadway, Vancouver.
Under 50? Learn how to open a Registered Disability Savings Plan account and receive up to $1,000 per year. Get more information here.
- July 14 – 23 (various dates): Seniors First BC presents workshops in Vancouver and Burnaby.
- Saturday, July 14 (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) Elder Abuse: What Is It? How Do We Deal With It? Workshop (in Mandarin/Cantonese) – 228-2055 Boundary Road, Vancouver. Get more information here.
- Monday, July 16 (10:00 – 11:45 am) Elder Abuse and Social Connection Workshop – MOSAIC 5575 Boundary Road, Vancouver. Get more information here.
- Thursday, July 19 (8:00 am – 4:00 pm) Seniors’ Health and Safety Fair – Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre, 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver. Get more information here.
- Friday, July 20 (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) Powers of Attorney, Joint Bank Accounts and Representation Agreements Workshop – South Burnaby Neighbourhood House, 4460 Beresford Street, Burnaby. Get more information here.
- Monday, July 23 (10:00 – 11:45 am) Elder Abuse and Social Connection Workshop – MOSAIC 5575 Boundary Road, Vancouver. Get more information here.
- Monday, July 16 (6:00 – 11:30 pm): PovNet presents a burger and beer social at the Morrissey, 1227 Granville Street, Vancouver.
This event is for PovNet members, front line workers, social justice lawyers and all the wonderful people we’ve had the opportunity to work with throughout the year. Come and join us for a burger and beer social at the Morrissey! Please reserve a ticket as soon as possible. Bring colleagues and friends (include them in your ticket numbers or forward them the link to grab their own ticket). Get more info and reserve your ticket here.
- Friday, July 20 (1:00 – 2:30 pm): Nidus presents a free presentation on Personal Planning at South Granville Seniors Centre, Vancouver.
Are you prepared in case of incapacity, for end-of-life, or for other support needs? Find out about the essential planning documents you can make – to ease the burden on others and avoid the need for government involvement in your personal affairs. No registration is required. Get more information here.