The Ending Violence Association of BC and Legal Services Society have co-produced a brochure and a series of fact sheets aimed at family law lawyers and advocates whose clients may be at risk of violence.
The brochure Is Your Client Safe? A Lawyer’s Guide to Relationship Violence describes relationship violence and includes a list of signs of abuse and risk factors. The companion fact sheets include more detailed information and resources, including links to resources that are specifically aimed at lawyers:
- Is Your Client Safe? Encouraging Disclosure
- Is Your Client Safe? Relationship Violence Client Resources
- Is Your Client Safe? Relationship Violence Legal Resources
- Is Your Client Safe? Safety Planning for You and Your Staff
- Is Your Client Safe? Safety Planning for Your Client
The Ending Violence Association of BC and Legal Services Society co-hosted focus groups with family law lawyers to get a better understanding of what they would need to best help their clients. These resources are the result of that consultation. The brochure and fact sheets are available online through Clicklaw, while print copies of the brochure are available for free through Crown Publications.