The number of legal services listed on the Clicklaw HelpMap continues to grow with 78 services offered in over 750 locations across BC! Recently, the Legal Services Society added their Provincial Court Family Duty Counsel and Supreme Court Family Duty Counsel programs to the map. Check out what’s available in your community: www.clicklaw.bc.ca/helpmap.
Now that Clicklaw has been up & running for closing in on a year (wow, time flies!), we’re learning more about how the site is being used. Among the more popular features on the site are the common questions, which offer good starting points for 80 questions that are, well, common. Over the last six months, here are the top 10 most visited common questions on Clicklaw:
- I am the executor of my mother’s will and am doing the work myself
- I’ve been dismissed (fired) without just cause
- I want to find out about getting BC disability benefits
- I’ve missed a few mortgage payments and am facing foreclosure
- How long will my EI last if I get laid off?
- I am being harassed by debt collectors. Are they allowed to do that?
- Our marriage is over; do we have to go to court?
- Should I have an enduring power of attorney or a representation agreement?
- I’m being sued in small claims court
- Can they search my school locker without my consent?