Who can help with income tax filings?
It’s that time of year again – 2016 returns must be filed by April 30, 2017! Here are some places to refer to for help with income tax filings:
Canada Revenue Agency | BC-wide, In-Person, Phone
- has a list of Tax Preparation Clinics across BC. Multiple languages are supported depending on location. You may be eligible if you have a modest income and a simple tax situation. See eligibility requirements here.
- also runs a individual income tax helpline 1-800-959-8281 from Monday to Friday, 9am-9pm local time, and Saturdays from 9am-5pm local time (until May 1, 2017)
Disability Alliance BC | Vancouver, In-Person, Phone & Email
- through Tax Aid DABC, helps people who are receiving the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) benefit or the Persons with Persistent and Multiple Barriers (PPMB) benefit with simple income tax filings and information/referrals.
Together Against Poverty Society | Victoria, In-Person
- In March and April 2017, TAPS will be helping with 2016, 2015 and 2014 tax returns. Clinic hours are Thursdays, 9am-4pm. In May 2017, they will resume assisting with the previous 10 years of tax returns.
- See eligibility requirements here. TAPS can be reached at 250-361-3521.