Clicklaw Project Evaluation … and the Winner of the Clicklaw Survey Draw
From July to September 2012, over 600 Clicklaw visitors completed an online survey. For Clicklaw visitors who reported that they found some information related to their legal issue, we asked if we could send them a follow-up survey and offered them a chance to win a $100 Chapters gift card. We received over 100 entries for the draw and last month we picked the winner using a random number generator. Congrats to Tim from West Vancouver! We hope you enjoy your prize …
Thanks to everyone who participated. We learned a great deal about visitors to our website and their thoughts about Clicklaw. We learned, for example, that:
- 60% of survey respondents were people with a legal question
- 15% were people assisting a friend or family member with a legal question
- 10% were intermediaries, such as family justice counsellors, community workers, and librarians assisting a client
We asked them if they found information on Clicklaw they would use – 65% of them reported that they did.
In the follow-up survey, we also learned that:
- respondents rated the information they found through Clicklaw as 4.3 out of 5 in terms of being helpful and 4.4 out of 5 in terms of being understandable
- respondents provided a 4 out of 5 rating to the question: did the information you found through Clicklaw help you take next steps relating to the legal issue
Kudos to Clicklaw contributors for making quality legal information available to British Columbians!
In other positive Clicklaw news, the number of visits to the Clicklaw site continues to grow. Visits in October 2012 were close to 70% higher than October the previous year.
The findings from the surveys, together with information we gathered from Google Analytics, a survey of Clicklaw contributors, and surveys of Clicklaw training participants, are summarized in the newly published Clicklaw Project Evaluation Report. We are excited about this evaluation as it allows us to set benchmarks and to use the information gathered for planning future enhancements.
[issuu width=550 height=356 embedBackground=%23505050 backgroundColor=%23222222 documentId=121207190834-cd604f9e284d4253a8fa61e8e043372e name=clicklaw_project_evaluation_report_2012-10-19 username=courthouselibrary tag=plei unit=px v=2]