Legal Programs for Seniors
by Seniors First BC
Seniors First BC Society (Seniors First BC) provides pro-bono legal services to older adults age 55+ who cannot afford to hire a lawyer.
We may provide legal services for issues such as:
- Residential Tenancy/Housing
- Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Assisted Living/Residential Care
- Financial Abuse
- Adult Guardianship
- Powers of Attorney
- Representation Agreements
Seniors First BC accepts calls from older adults and people who care about them from anywhere in BC. To speak to a lawyer, contact the Seniors Abuse and Information Line at 604-437-1940 or toll-free 1-866-437-1940 and one of our lawyers may be able to assist.
We also offer free in-person legal consultations for older adults in Richmond, New Westminster, Surrey, Burnaby, North Vancouver and Vancouver once a month. To book an appointment at one of our legal clinics, contact 604-336-5653.
For more information about our legal programs, visit our website.
What we do
Our legal services include:
- meeting with one of our pro-bono legal staff;
- receiving summary advice;
- receiving unbundled services such as drafting of documents;
- receiving full legal representation; and/or
- getting connected to other useful resources in the community
What we don’t do
Seniors First BC does not provide assistance in all areas of law. We do not give advice on criminal law or family law matters.
For support and resources for older adults on non-legal matters, such as housing and health, please call the Seniors Abuse and Information Line at 604-437-1940 or toll-free 1-866-437-1940.
For more information, including requests to book a legal appointment, please call 604-336-5653 or email email@example.com