- Learning about the Law Wikibook covers the fundamentals of how the law affects your family, young people, seniors, employment, and housing.
- Driving in BC explains the basics of driving and the law. It includes legal information for people learning to drive.
- Paying Taxes explains to newcomers and new taxpayers what taxes we’re expected to pay, who we pay taxes to, and how to pay them.
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment explains what workers, employers, and supervisors need to know and do about workplace bullying and harassment, and where you can get help or more information.
All of these titles are now available as part of the expanding collection on Clicklaw Wikibooks. Clicklaw Wikibooks are collaboratively developed, plain language legal publications that are born-wiki. They are easy to read on your screen, fully searchable, and hyperlinked to key resources. One of the benefits to the Clicklaw Wikibooks platform is that it offers you a choice of format. You can:
- read the information online on the Clicklaw Wikibooks site,
- download and print the publication as a PDF,
- download the publication as an EPUB — a popular ebook standard — and read on an ereader, tablet or mobile device, or
- for a fee, order your own print on demand copy of the publication.
A free print compilation of these and other People’s Law School wikibooks will be distributed to ESL learning centres and public libraries in BC, under the title Learning about the Law: Extended Edition. This project was made possible with funding support from the Province of BC and Government of Canada.