Bookmark this post! It will be updated as more events are announced. You can also get frequent updates via our Twitter. Have a suggestion? Email us.
For individuals with a disability and their families, friends, caregivers, and support workers:
- Navigating Housing on Reserve Webinar
Monday, June 10 (12:30 – 1:30 pm) Change of date – this webinar has been rescheduled to Tuesday, July 9 (12:30 – 1:30 pm)
- Hosted by UBC Allard School of Law Indigenous Community Legal Clinic
- This 1 hour webinar will present a legal toolkit to assist you when working with clients who require assistance addressing housing on reserve matters.
- Participants in this webinar may claim up to 1 hour of CPD credit with the LSBC.
- Board Chair Breakfast Series (Part 2 of 3)
- Wednesday, June 12 (7:30 – 9:00 am)
- Vancouver – BCIT Downtown Campus
- Cost: $60
- Directed at not-for-profit board chairs, board members and executive directors, this forum will focus on the legal responsibilities of the Chair in regards to employee risk management.
- Workers’ Compensation Review Public Hearings
- Multiple dates – June 14 – June 27
- Multiple locations – Surrey, Castlegar, Nanaimo, Campbell River, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Williams Lake, Kamloops, Cranbrook, Kelowna, Victoria, Fort St. John, Prince George, Terrace
- Free event for British Columbians to share their views on what an improved workers’ compensation system should look like.
- Employment and Human Rights 101 Workshop
- Monday, June 17 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Nanaimo – Harbour City Theatre Alliance
- Cost: $50
- This workshop provides foundation knowledge and capacity to identify, plan for, and respond to legal issues that can arise in nonprofits in regards to employment and human rights.
Free classes for the public, led by lawyers, notaries and other experts:
- Wills and Estates
- Wednesday, June 19 (6:00 – 7:30 pm)
- Vancouver Public Library – Dunbar Branch
- Free workshop open to the public covering: when you should make a will, requirements for making a will and what you should include in your will.
- Immigration Law
- Monday, June 24 (7:00 – 8:30 pm)
- Burnaby Public Library – Bob Prittie Metrotown Branch
- Free workshop open to the public on how students can become permanent residents, work options for students, what happens when foreign workers lose their jobs and how to sponsor a spouse or partner.
- Annual General Meeting
- Thursday June 27 (6:30 pm)
- Vancouver – VPL Central Branch (Alma VanDusen room)
- Free event featuring guest speaker Bryan Carney (The Tyee)
- Space is limited – RSVP email@example.com