- August 4 – 27 (various dates): MOSAIC presents various workshops in Burnaby.
- Saturday, August 4 (1:00 – 3:00 pm) Workplace Health and Safety Workshop. Find out about your rights in the workplace. MOSAIC Buller, 5902 Kingsway, Burnaby.
- Monday, August 20 & 27 (5:30 – 8:30 pm) Citizenship Preparation (English with Mandarin support) – Tommy Douglas Library, Burnaby.
- Thursday, August 9 (7:00 – 8:30 pm): People’s Law School presents a workshop on Wills and Estates at Burnaby Public Library – Tommy Douglas Branch.
Make sure your estate will be distributed according to your wishes. Learn how to prepare a will, including the legal requirements, what you should include in your will, and what happens if you die without a will. Get more information and register online here.
- Wednesday, August 22 (1:30 – 2:30 pm): Seniors First BC presents a workshop at Barclay Manor in Vancouver.
Nighat Afsar, Legal Advocate, will be available to speak about Government Benefits for Older Adults and there will be time for Q&A during and at the end of this workshop. Get more information here.
- Friday, August 24 (3:45 – 6:00 pm): Cerebral Palsy Association of BC presents the first of a workshop series titled Mental Health in the Workplace: Rights and Responsibilities of Youth with Disabilities at the Richmond Centre for Disability, Richmond.
This workshop series will address the issues of mental health in the workplace for youth with disabilities. The workshops will be given by two lawyers. To register for these workshops contact Denzil at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-408-9484. Get more information here.