Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD)
- this comparison chart of the SCC Carter ruling and Bill C-14;
- links to the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons FAQs on MAiD and Professional Standards and Guidelines; and
- links to the federal government’s information on MAiD.
Register for free webinar presentations on Planning for Health Care & Personal Care for more information on MAiD.
Updates to PWD and PPMB Guides
Disability Alliance BC has completed a full update of the following application and appeal guides:
- PWD application
- PWD Appeal Part 1: The Request for Reconsideration
- PWD Appeal Part 2: The Appeal Tribunal
- PPMB Application
- PPMB Appeal Part 1: The Request for Reconsideration
- PPMB Appeal Part 2: The Appeal Tribunal
The guides are designed for advocates, but can also be used by people applying for or appealing the denial of benefits. They focus on applications, reconsiderations, and tribunals for income supports and medical supplies/services provided by the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation.
If you would like DABC to mail you this publication, please call Val at 604-875-0188 or email her at email@example.com
Feedback welcome on CRT Draft Rules
Click here for more details on how to participate, including: an explanation of what the Rules are, what they will do, how people will use them, and what’s different about them.
Need a refresher on Online Dispute Resolution? Check out the introduction to our ODR series here.