We share with you a monthly roundup of changes to Clicklaw’s collection. Here is a summary of updates done in July 2021.
Legal Aid BC
- MyLawBC Family Resolution Centre (Updated)
This online tool for separated parents now includes free mediation for child support, in addition to parenting arrangements.
BC Ministry of Attorney General
- Understand My Ticket (New)
This online tool from the provincial government helps people in BC decide how to deal with their tickets. It includes a solution explorer guiding you through options, an online ticket payment system, and a link to information about disputing a provincial violation ticket.
BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner
- A human rights approach to mask-wearing during the COVID-19 pandemic (Updated)
This policy guidance from BC’s Human Rights Commissioner Kasari Govender details how mask-wearing requirements must accommodate people with disabilities or medical conditions that prevent them from using of non-medical masks. Updated in July 2021 to reflect the changing circumstances.
BC Residential Tenancy Branch
- Residential Tenancy Branch: Renovictions (New)
As of July 1, 2021, if a landlord wants to end a tenancy for extensive renovations or repairs, they need to apply for an Order of Possession from the Residential Tenancy Branch. This page explains the requirements to end a tenancy for this reason.
- How much can my rent increase by every year? (Updated)
- My landlord is threatening to evict me (Updated)
- My landlord gave me an eviction notice (Updated)