by Plan Institute
How do you arrange your estate to support and protect your family member with a disability? This is a common question that those who have a loved-one with a disability face.
Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability and give you peace of mind.
In response to this, we are now offering our successful Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning Workshop online to residents of British Columbia. In doing so, we’re hoping to reach individuals from all over British Columbia who may benefit from this information.
About the Webinar:
In this webinar, estate-planning attorney Brendan Pooran explains how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved-one with a disability.
This webinar will provide participants with an introduction to the following topics:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between Discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
The webinar will also feature a live Q & A session during which a local Lawyer and a Family Expert will be available to answer your questions directly.
Who should attend:
Families/caregivers in British Columbia who have a loved-one with a disability.
Online (available to anyone in British Columbia).
For more information on this webinar, visit: https://planinstitute.ca/learning-centre/wte-webinar/
To learn more about Plan Institute, our mission and other learning opportunities for people with disabilities, their families and those who work with these individuals, please visit: https://www.planinstitute.ca